Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Mood Board: 10th Anniversary Party Daffodils and Aluminum

Pin It
Last year, Seth and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. For a long time, we had planned on taking a trip to mark this milestone. A new-ish baby and an expensive renovation had us temper those plans, first to a party, then to a small party, and finally to a fancy dinner out. It was a special day all the same, but I sure did plan a lot for that imaginary party, and someone should benefit from that work!

My research told me that the traditional flower of the 10th anniversary is the daffodil, and the traditional gift is aluminum. I love daffodils, and I stretched the idea of aluminum to include galvanized steel. I mixed in a litlte teal because it is one of my favorite colors and it looks fantastic with yellow. Because I am a dork, I named the theme "Build Me Up, Buttercup."

1. Teal linens and yellow plates--how happy is that? (Source)
2. Who doesn't love a big washtub full of booze? I mean, a galvanized vessel filled with libations. Either way.
3. This paper flower garland in daffodil colors is so sweet, and it would take about five minutes to whip up if you have the proper hole punch.
4. I love these centerpieces made from branches, sea glass, and yellow flowers. Tissue flowers would work well here to glue to the branches.
5. Daffodil cake pops!
6. Jellybeans in daffodil candy cups. So simple and sweet.
And finally, in my googling for daffodil/buttercup inspiration, I came across this stunning table styled by P.Allen Smith for Tobi Fairley's blog. I mean, have you ever seen such perfection? I would love to treat my guests to brunch underneath floating buttercup bouquets.


Looking at these images again has half-convinced me that I still need to have this party some day. Until then, enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment