Thursday, June 27, 2013

Junebug's First Birthday

Pin It



For her daughter Ellie's first birthday earlier this month, Katherine wanted a theme that played off Ellie's nickname, Junebug. I had a blast making a boatload of adorable paper bugs for this beautiful celebration.


I used my Cricut machine a lot for this party, namely the "Extreme Fonts" and "Walk in My Garden" cartridges. My favorite little touches are the green caterpillars crawling around on this banner.


Once again Lady Sprinkles helped out with a lovely petal smash cake and cupcakes (and fondant lady bugs). I made some flower and caterpillar cake pops, and the birthday girl's grandmother made some spectacular sugar cookies in the shapes of dragonflies and caterpillars.



The drinks table became the "bug juice" table, with drinks like "ladybug lemonade," "wiggleworm water," and "buzzy bee beer" for the adults.



Katherine went all out, even hiring a caricature artist! Guests were encouraged to make their own antennae, toss a bean bag through the "bean bug toss," or go through the caterpillar crawl. 

 

Favors were adorable solar-powered bugs and flowers, that sway back and forth in sunlight.



Happy Birthday, sweet Ellie! You are the cutest little Junebug I ever did see.

Thanks, Katherine and Lyle, for letting me be a part of Ellie's special day. You guys did a wonderful job!


Paper decorations, styling, cake pops: Smarty Parties
Cupcakes and smash cake: Lady Sprinkles
Photography: K.R. Sloan Photography Pin It

1 comment: